Wednesday 14 October 2015

Fight Song

I need something to keep me sane.

I need something to boost me.

I need something to keep me strong.

This song is just really it. Fight song by Rachel Platten.

It is only the 5th week of the semester, but yet there already a lot of things happened. Literally. In this very short amount of time, I am quite impressed with myself actually. Currently, at least I have a rough idea on how my final year project will be, rather then when I received the tittle for my final year project during the first week, more or less a month earlier. I don't even have a clue back then! All I could do at that time, just nodded my head when my supervisor explained about the project with a blur face and a totally lost mind. How funny! In addition, I have done at least three presentations within the first two weeks! I know, I know, it is super early right. But on the bright side, it is actually helping. You know, to shake off the nervousness and make yourself get used to  it. Thank you lecturers. :)

So what I have been up to recently huh? Let's back up few weeks earlier shall we?

During the first week of semester, I was welcoming the freshie at my faculty. It really reminds me of how innocent I was when I was in their shoes, approximately two years before. And feel a little bit old now ay >.< I am currently in the student society of my faculty. Hence the programs I involved in.

Then during the second week, I made friend with a girl from Japan, Chika. Thanks Ardani for inviting me to have lunch with you guys. Hihi. I have found something new about myself. I found that welcoming new people to your place is actually fun, let aside the tiredness, but somehow I found that every small things actually counts. Maybe for us it is not really matter because we are familiar with it, but for them it is a whole new thing. This just make my sense of appreciation of everything around me grow bigger. :) For instant, for us in Malaysia eating with bare hands is no big deal. But for people from other country, with different culture of course, they find it is something completely different from what they've been practicing. Uh oh this is actually from my Global Mobility Student Partnership Program! Never mind, I'll go to that story later ;)

Next, we go back to my studies matter hehe. I went to the UKM's Animal House, oh well of course to met with the mice that will be used in my experiment later on! And I have just discovered that I will be handling not ten, not twenty, not even thirty, but one hundred twenty mice! Yes, 1 2 0 . Omg. I'm freaking out. But then we have to do injection for 42 mices per day, but hey that is still a big amount of mice right? From my previous experience, the most that I hold mice at a moment was two. Pray for me that it'll be smooth sailing experiment. Haha is there even a phrase for that?

Another side of the story, I'm in charge of food and beverages during the organization workshop. I never thought it made you happy to see people eat what you served them. :') It was worth it. Despite the chaotic, disorganized and complete confusion like few minutes before the VIP finish their slot, I manage to set up the food on the table, of course with help from some of friend of mine. Even though it is not really that 'wow', but I just did ;') I literally running here and there in the dining hall hahaha. Oh and one of the slot of this program is the bonding time--which I like the most! We went to this one place to play some games--Burn Out. It is sort of like the escape room, where you are being tested to the fullest limit of yourself to get outta there within the time given. It was kind of stressful, almost giving up, feeling dumb because the hints were right there just that we don't notice it, and most of all it really does need a great teamwork from everybody in the room to escape it. All in all, I look forward to play this kind of game soon! Tihee

So, that pretty much how my life s far being for a month and half. Oh God, the time is running out for me to be a university student. What the heck, we can't stop the clock from ticking. Let just enjoy the moment while it lasts. And for whoever reading this, do pray for Ummi Aqilah Omiza that her final year project will be eased or she'll be stronger to face all the challenges. InsyaAllah. (With Allah's willing.)



You can't soar high if you let yourself tied to the ground with rope called fear.
Not to try is the biggest failure!























Thank you for reading! Take care, Allah loves you! :) 

No comments: